After Midnight Blues


I’m losing it
This joke is confusing
So stop using it
Stop fusing it
All we have is the name.
What’s in a name?
The willow.
Upon my pillow.
My nose kissed the red polyester bag.
The jugglers with white faces
Rudely awoke me
My nose kissed the red polyester bag.
All we have is the name.
So what’s in a name?
Lazarus.
I’m alive, he said, look at me.
The words.
You’ll find the words engraved in the wooden bowl. Well, it’s safe and hidden, and that’s all that matters.
I’m awake, he said, look at me.
Just in time for midnight tea
Walking in those eastern shoes
Singing after midnight blues.
Well, how was it then?
Well, how is it like there?
All we have is the name.
So what’s in a name?
Helen.
Hello. Hi. I’m Helen.
No, I don’t agree.
But, I avoid conflict.
Avoid. Avoid.
Till I’m big as a dark matter void.
And now you might be the victim.
The victim of protuberance.
May the Lord All Mighty praise the fallen. Oh me oh my!
Not a girl, nor a boy
I only wish I was Helen of Troy.
Yeah, there are many sorts of mirrors.
Some of them make you love what you see
Some of them make you hate what you see
But all of them lie.
I’m alive, I said, look at me.
Yeah, maybe we’ll meet again.
In the sea of eyes.
Hey, it’s too hot in here.
No, let me sleep a little longer
And dream on this dream.
Polyester dream. This iron dream.
This monochromatic dream.
Could somebody wake me up now?
Tomorrow’s a big day.
Hello? Hello? Hello?
Is anybody in there?
It’s hot in here.
This dream’s far too long. Am I still dreaming?
Hello?
Hello?



No comments:

Post a Comment