Luna

Lay still, my child, go back to sleep
Raise your head and I’ll push you down, don’t weep
Don’t toss and turn, even if the bed should burn
Don’t dream, for dreams induce hope
Hope breeds a desire to wake up and go
But most of all - don’t grow
Remain as feeble and frail as can be
Somebody may love you someday, but today it’s not me.

Wake up, my child, open your eyes
You’ve been sleeping for far too long
Why are you walking away, are you shy?
Have I made you sad? Have I done you wrong?
How can you sleep so deep and not dream at my command?
How can you be so small so as to fit on the palm of my hand?
I tell myself I’ll feed you, yet days after I find you dead
I could tell you I love you, but it’s just my guilt talking instead.

Grow, my child, flourish, giggle and smile
Give love, be loved, dream with your eyes open wide
Soak up the world’s wonders, let songs in, let tears out
And gently I’ll lead and feed you seeds for you to sprout.
You’re already as big as a mountain, you’ll outgrow my belly soon
My womb’s too small for you, you ’re reaching for the moon
I give birth to you, arise from the blood-bedding, free to fly
And be sure that nobody can love you better than I.






































"Blade Runner 2049 - St Rachel" by Lucy Færy
Image taken from http://lucyfaery.com/homages

No comments:

Post a Comment