believeher (holy holy)


he’s been telling me about the roses
shut up shut up shut up
I don’t want to hear the name
he’s been telling me about the hoses
shut up shut up shut up
I don’t want to hear the name
check the facett check the boiler
check the iron check the oven
check the door check the lock
doublecheck doubleshock

the gardener’s not really a gardener
the son is not really a father
the beginning is not really the end

I can move my cellphone with my eyes on the book
I can talk to jesus with my hands on the meathook

he made me a stranger
in my own house
he gave me a list of names
now I’m stuck in this place
eating lactose-free meat
with a wooden spoon.
but I have a needle.
and a lifeful of time.
a needle in the father’s eye
a spear in the son’s thigh
do it by the book
hands on the meathook
what I believe in
I do believe in
are you tapeing
are you receiving

No comments:

Post a Comment