How great the view


How could you ever sleep again?
How do you sleep at all anyway?
The windows won’t wail
The walls won’t wail
The wisemen would not war your wars
You are alone
On your own.

And you should be one, not two nor three, it was never me, and you know it, you knew it, and they knew it too, I’d never tell, I’d cover for you, it’s true

But when I ask if we shall bask
Admire the fire at close quarters
You fake a frown, a Warhol clown
You send me down
Through the window pane.

You always say
You love to admire the instant
As a distant relative
Imagine the instance
From a great distance.

And I know you still do
‘Cause I’m watching you
But you can’t see me
I go in, I go out, the wires hissing
Trying to tell you
You never knew
How great the view
You’re missing.

You spitting pills
I spitting glass
You swallowing uppers
I swallowing splinters
Say, do you have a great view?
Do you have a great view from up there?




May 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment